Project Steering Group
The Project Steering Group has two key jobs: providing leadership during the Sea Change – Tai Timu Tai Pari process and, ultimately, recommending to councils and other agencies how the plan can be put into practice.
The Project Steering Group’s key areas of focus will be:
- empowering the Stakeholder Working Group (SWG) to develop the spatial plan
- monitoring the progress made by the SWG and the degree of consensus on the proposed Hauraki Gulf Marine Spatial Plan
- reviewing the plan as prepared by the SWG, including the quality of the inputs.
Once the plan is finalised, the Project Steering Group will take on the task of recommending it to the relevant councils and agencies, so it can be implemented throughout their activities.
Members of the Project Steering Group are:
- Liane Ngamane: mana whenua
- Paul Majurey (co-chair): mana whenua
- Pirihira Kaio: mana whenua
- Shane Ashby: mana whenua
- Terrence Hohneck: mana whenua
- Jodi-ann Warbrick: mana whenua
- Nicholas Manukau: mana whenua
- Karen Wilson: mana whenua
- Mayor John Tregidga: Hauraki Gulf Forum
- Cr Mike Lee: Auckland Council
- Cr Tipa Mahuta: Waikato Regional Council
- Luke Southorn: Ministry for Primary Industries
- Hilary Aikman: Department of Conservation