The Fish Stocks Roundtable aimed to,
- enhance marine life and fish stocks in the Gulf, in all species that are harvested
- lift the productivity of the Gulf to support greater recruitment, growth and quality of fish stocks through all stages of the fish life cycle
- achieve greater overall value from fish stocks (including economic, recreational, customary and ecological value).
This Roundtable's findings presented to the SWG can be viewed below. Please sign up for our monthly newsletters to stay in the loop.
SWG members Raewyn Peart, Dave Kellian (co-Chairs), Alan Proctor, Callum McCallum, Katrina Goddard, Laurie Beamish and Joe Davis were members of the Hauraki Gulf Fish Stockes Roundtable, along with other invited participants with knowledge and expertise in farming, forestry, marine farming, recreational interests, environmental interests, commercial fishing and infrastructure supporting communities.
|Raewyn Peart||Roundtable co-Chair/SWG|
|Dave Kellian||Roundtable co-Chair/SWG|
|Laurie Beamish||SWG/customary uses|
|Dave Moore||Quota holders/commercial fisheries|
|Laws Lawson||Quota holders/commercial fisheries|
|Jeremy Helson||Quota holders/commercial fisheries|
|Robyn Garrett||Quota holders/commercial fisheries|
|Megan Andrews||Charter operators|
|Barry Torkington||Recreational fishers|
|Trish Rea||Recreational fishers|
|John Holdsworth||Recreational fishers|
|Clive Monds||Environmental Interests|
|Barry Weeber||Environmental Interests|
This Roundtable was also advised by experts including:
- scientists from NIWA (the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research)
- a specialist coast and catchment scientist experts on specific fisheries e.g. rock lobster (crayfish)
- an advisor with mātauranga Māori expertise
- scientists and researchers from the University of Auckland Marine Institute.
Technical reports to the Fish Stocks Roundtable are loaded below.
|Technical Report 1 - Collation of Background Information||PDF [937KB]|
|Technical Report 2 - Synthesis of Issues and Options||PDF [1MB]|
Advisor presentations to the Fish Stocks Roundtable are loaded below.
|February 2015||Fish Stocks Roundtable||PDF [2MB]|
|November 2014||Darren Parsons
|Marine Reserves, Biodiversity and Marine Spatial Planning||Dr Nick Shears
University of Auckland
|Impacts of trawling and dredging on bethnic habitats||Ian Tuck
Senior Lecturer - Department of Statistics
|September 2014||CRA 2 Rock Lobster Management Company||Robyn Garrett
CRA 2 Management
|Assessing fish stocks in the Gulf - an overview||Jeremy McKenzie
|Pre-european, historic, and modern harvests from the Hauraki Gulf||
Dr Alison McDiarmid